When it comes to downloading apps and games , it used to be that Cydia was the place to go to. But right now, with iOS 10 download [ext link] released and PPHelper patched up, not everyone is in a position to jailbreak and that means missing out. Or it would do if we didn’t have HipStore to turn to. HipStore is similar to jailbreak apps like Install0us and AppCake as well another non-jailbreak app called vShare [ext link] but it is far more comprehensive, containing millions of apps, games, ringtones, HD wallpapers and much more besides, all of which that can be downloaded .
Image : HipStore iOS 9 Download Tutorial
Now that iOS 10 is out, the next thing we are waiting for is a jailbreak but that is not likely to be anytime soon. Both Pangu and Taig are investigating the new firmware to see what they can do but this takes time and, for those of you who have updated beyond iOS 9.3.3, HipStore is the next best thing.
To Download HipStore, you need to follow a number of steps, all of which are detailed below. It isn’t the same as simply heading to iTunes and downloading an app but you do not need your computer and you can delete it at any time. One other thing that puts it ahead of many other apps is that, rather than just being available in Chinese, it can be downloaded in a number of different languages.
Supported Devices :
These devices will support the download of HipStore on iOS 9+
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPod Touch 5th and 6th Generations
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPad Mini, 2, 3
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad 2, 3, 4
Downloads HipStore on iOS 9 :
- Launch Safari , this is the only browser it will work on
- Type in hipstore.org to the address bar and tap Go
- When the web page has fully loaded, find the UP arrow and tap on it , look at the top or the bottom of the screen based on your iOS device
- Now choose where to save your app , select Add to Home Screen from the options
- Give your app icon a name HipStore . Tap on Add and exit out of Safari
- Check your home screen, you should see the HipStore app icon on there
Video : Check out this video for a walkthrough of the above steps
Useful Links :
What are your thoughts on HipStore ? Is it a viable alternative to the jailbreak method ? Follow us on Facebook for more news direct to your inbox.