The main reason for jailbreaking is to give us a way of modifying our devices, of giving them features and some extra functionality that Apple won’t give us. Another reason is to give us a way of being able to play old-school retro console games on our iPad or iPhone and the way we do this is to download Game Emulators for each console. A couple of years ago, one for the most popular of all the emulators was called GBA4iOS but, after Apple released iOS 8.1, the emulator was all but killed off.
Image : Delta Emulator Download
Luckily for us, the developer has been working on a new app called Delta Emulator. Delta will allow you to emulate a number of consoles at any one time, including Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance , more will be added to this list as time goes on. In the meantime, here’s how to get Delta Emulator [ext link] on your device without installing a jailbreak first.
Image : Delta Emulator Interface
Supported Devices :
These devices will run Delta Emulator on iOS 8 through to iOS 10.
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPod Touch 5thand 6th Generations
Download HipStore :
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch [ do not bother with any other browser, it won’t work ]
- Go to hipstore.org
- When the page has loaded, look at the top right corner or the bottom center of the screen for the UP arrow and then tap on it
- Some options will appear at the bottom of your screen; choose the middle on , Add to Home Screen
- Now you are going to be asked to give the icon a new name, type HipStore into the box . Tap on the Add button , top right corner
- .When you come out of Safari, you will have the new HipStore app icon on your home screen
Video : This video shows you these steps
Delta Emulator will be a welcome addition by all those who are missing Cydia and the ability to download emulators and play their favorite console games. If you do run into trouble or find that you need to Delete Delta Emulator [ext link] for some reason, follow the simple tutorials at the given link.
Let us know how you get on with Delta Emulator and if you had any trouble installing it on your iOS device. For more up to date tips and news, follow us on Facebook .